Friday, February 1, 2013

Young Love

The thought of my children breaking hearts and having their hearts broken hasn't really been a concern of mine just yet. However, perhaps it should be. This morning, Andrew was talking about one of his classmates (a girl we have also had play dates with at our house and hers) and he said that she was his friend, but not anymore. I asked why she wasn't his friend anymore and he said she acted mean to him. Then he said, "I might love her." I totally was not expecting that! I asked if he told her that and he said yes. My reply was, "she didn't like that?", and he said no. :( Poor guy. He's mentioned her a couple more time today saying that she's not his friend anymore because he acted mean to her and she acted mean to him. It's kinda hard to decipher what all is going on in his 3 year old boy head, but hopefully it'll all be resolved when they see each other at school on Monday and they'll be friends again. Till then, it'll be extra hugs and love from Mom and Dad <3

No comments:

Post a Comment