I was looking for a new chicken recipe the other day and found one that inspired me to make this. It turned out really tasty and could easily be adjusted for a bigger or smaller group. I bought thin cut chicken breasts, but still pounded them a little thinner.
6 thin cut chicken breasts
1/2 cup light sour cream
1/2 cup goat cheese
3-4 pieces jarred roasted red pepper, chopped
1 Tbsp minced garlic
3/4 cup Panko breadcrumbs
1/2 cup grated Parmesan
1 Tbsp Italian seasoning
1. Pound chicken thinner so it can easily be rolled up. Place chicken in container and cover with Italian dressing. Allow to marinate several hours to overnight.
2. Combine sour cream, goat cheese, red pepper, and garlic in small bowl. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
3. Combine Panko, Parmesan, and Italian seasoning in small bowl.
4. Spoon a couple tablespoons cheese filling onto each chicken breast. Roll chicken around filling and secure with toothpicks. Place filled chicken in baking dish.
5. Sprinkle breadcrumb mixture over chicken.
6. Bake chicken uncovered at 400 degrees F for 30-40 minutes, or until thermometer placed into chicken reads 160. Let rest 5-10 minutes before serving.
We really enjoyed this recipe (even 3 year old Andrew) and I'll definitely make it again.