Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Dinosaur Cake

This past Saturday, we celebrated Kim and Ryan's impending bundle of baby boy joy with a shower at Lisa and Al's new home. The party was a lot of fun and Kim and Ryan received a lot of great baby stuff! One of my contributions to the party was the cake. The shower had a dino theme, so I decided on a T-Rex cake. I found some pictures online that I used as my guide. I'm really happy with how the cake turned out, but would have been more detailed had I been able to work on it while the kids were awake (1am was late enough Friday night). I don't think I would have done a very good job with Olivia climbing up my legs! This was the first time I made the cake and buttercream frosting from scratch, and I have to say that both were very good. I'll definitely use those recipes again. Andrew really liked the cake and keeps saying he wants dinosaur cake for his birthday so I may get a second shot at it soon!

1 comment: