Sunday, May 20, 2012

Happy Place

This morning, I had the opportunity to go for a nice long walk with Olivia and the dogs while Carl and Andrew went out to do some errands.  We could all use the fresh air and exercise and I was happy to get out before it gets too hot this afternoon.  While we were walking, I started to think about the warm sun on my skin, the cool breeze blowing, and the quietness only disturbed by the sounds of trees rustling and birds chirping.  I soon realized how I wished I was near the ocean, so I decided to pretend that's where I was.  In my mind, I added the sound of ocean waves against the beach, the scent of the salty air, and the occasional cool spray of water carried by the wind.  As I visualized, I could feel the looseness of my neck and shoulders as the tension melted away.  All the normal worry, anxiety, and stress floated away.  All I felt was a wonderful sense of calm and quiet.  Ahh...happy place.

No comments:

Post a Comment