Sunday, April 15, 2012

A Princess Party

My sister-in-law, her husband, and their 2 children got to town this week for a visit from Montreal. My niece, Axelle, turns 3 this week so we had a birthday party for her today, princess themed of course.  I volunteered to make a doll cake for the occasion and am very happy with how it turned out!  It was my first foray into fondant and it was actually pretty easy.  I'll definitely be using it again.  I'm pretty sure there are lots of princess parties in my future, so it was good practice.  Cake construction and party pics:
2 full cakes, post-leveling

Kinda looks like a hamburger
Dirty icing


Pretty pink fondant

Pleating for the back of the dress


Designing


Time to place the doll
She's in

Construction complete!

Completed back

Me and my creation

Birthday girl blowing out the candles

We had a lot of fun celebrating and Andrew even got a couple of presents too! Both Olivia and Andrew were tuckered out from the excitement and took a little snooze on the car ride home.  Pretty good Sunday :)
Zachary stole Olivia's toy
Balloons are always a good time


Axelle loves her cousin Olivia!

Axelle and Andrew with Papa






No comments:

Post a Comment