Monday, March 26, 2012

Fitness update

Its been awhile since I wrote about my "return to pre-pregnancy fitness" plan. Well, things have been going ok, but I definitely haven't been getting in as much exercise as I would like. Partly due to laziness, and partly due to being tired and the challenge of fitting it in with the schedules of Andrew and Olivia. The days when I have worked out at home, the children have actually been pretty cooperative. Andrew likes to pick up my 2 pound weights and try to copy what I'm doing and he also offers encouragement such as "good job, Mommy!". Olivia watches and sometimes laughs. I'm still teaching a weekly Turbo Kick class and subbing other classes so that helps keep me going too. With the warm weather we've been having, I plan to get out and walk more. Pushing Andrew in the stroller and holding Olivia in a carrier counts as a workout for sure! Overall, I feel that I am improving, but I need to renew my commitment and motivation to do more. I know that I will not only feel (ok, and look) better physically, but also mentally. I really could use reduced stress and increased patience these days considering that Andrew has decided that he's not going to nap any more!

Ok, so I have to work harder on the exercise part, but my eating habits have been pretty good. Except for the raging sweet tooth I've had. It's a serious ice cream problem, and I'm willing to admit it. I am trying to break the cycle though, and other than the dessert addiction, have been eating healthfully for the most part. I've been successful with making a weekly plan for dinners and that really makes a difference.

Anyway, I haven't done any measurements to track my physical progress other than my weight and am now only 5 pounds over my pre-pregnancy weight. I'd say that's pretty darn good, especially since Olivia is not quite five months old yet. I fit into most of my old clothes too, although they don't look quite the same (probably never will!).

No comments:

Post a Comment