Saturday, October 15, 2011

My "Surprise" Baby Shower

I already knew I had great friends and last night was one example of why they are the best! Even though Baby X is our second child and you typically don't have a shower after your first, they arranged a shower to celebrate this new baby with me. It was supposed to be a surprise, but I accidentally found out when Holly was visiting last week and Andrew was playing with her phone. I checked to make sure he wasn't calling anyone or otherwise getting into anything he shouldn't and he had pulled up the evite. I was confused because I didn't know if she knew another pregnant Colleen so I said out loud what I saw on the screen. Then she and I looked at each other and immediately I said "oh no!" I was sad the surprise was ruined, but excited for the upcoming party.
Azucena, Holly, Stephanie, Kim, Me, Kelly, and Lisa

When I got to Holly's I saw the cute decorations and cupcakes that Kim had so craftily made and smelled the tasty dinner Holly had prepared. We enjoyed the delicious meal and laughed a lot due to our wide-ranging girl talk. It was so nice to have a few hours to just hang out with the girls and chat and be silly especially since my schedule will be pretty full for awhile in a couple of weeks. I got to open presents and I am happy to say that Baby X will have a clean and dry bottom when he or she arrives. Its great to have one more thing to take off my to do list!
Lisa, Holly, Stephanie, Me, and Kim modeling our tissue ball hats

I can't say how much I appreciate the thoughtfulness and support of my friends! It was sweet that they had even thought to invite my family and friends who don't live in town (of course Friday night is a difficult time for anyone to make it down here, but it's the thought that counts!). I came home last night feeling loved and happy :)
Me and the party planners


1 comment:

  1. Congrats! I just saw your email. What a beautiful baby girl! I would have loved to help shower you with baby gifts if I had only known. I would love to bring you dinner sometime. Let me know when. Friday and Sunday nights are probably the best for me. I didn't realize that you had joined the blogging world. I can add your link on my website where I list my favorite blogs. I will also follow you on twitter.

    Congrats again!

    Love
    Faith

    ReplyDelete