Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Turbo time is over...for now

I'm winding down my fitness classes this week until some time after the baby is born. It's going to be so weird next Monday when I don't have to get up when it's still dark out to head to class. I'm so happy to have been able to continue this long (last Turbo class will be Friday at 33.5 weeks) but I have to admit that my body has been telling me for awhile to start slowing down and I have been trying to ignore those messages. There is no doubt that exercising 6 days per week has helped me in many ways throughout this pregnancy. I have managed to gain less weight this time around and also have minimal swelling (can still wear my wedding ring most days!). While I've been experiencing more aches and pains the last few weeks, I would bet that they would have started sooner and been worse if I had been sedentary. And we all know the effect that crazy hormones can have on women...the stress relief of exercising has helped me avoid alienating everyone with major mood swings (right family and friends?!)

I will miss seeing all of my hard working participants every day and look forward to when I can get back even though I don't know exactly when that will be. I'm also excited for the girls taking over my classes. I know they're going to love teaching and will ddo a great job! Hopefully my participants still want me back when it's time :) Meanwhile, I'll be enjoying taking it easy these last weeks before we get to meet Baby X!

No comments:

Post a Comment