Friday, August 5, 2011

Things to be thankful for

I like to remind myself every once in awhile of some of the things in life I am truly grateful for, so here's what I've been thinking about lately:

It feels like the last couple of weeks have been filled with news of babies being born and more friends expecting in the coming months. Among all of this wonderful and exciting news, there have been people I know facing challenges in these same areas.  This leaves me feeling incredibly fortunate for my pregnancy experiences thus far and for Andrew being the happy, healthy boy that he is.  I am grateful that I am able to continue my normal activities during pregnancy and can expect to do so for as long as I feel comfortable being as active as I am (5 Turbo classes per week can't last forever!).  Despite some minor discomforts and fatigue, I do my best not to complain because I know that others have had much more difficult pregnancies than me.  Hearing other peoples' stories and how they have handled unexpected challenges with grace and courage helps me to remember not to take having an uncomplicated pregnancy and healthy child for granted.

No comments:

Post a Comment